KiK is a messenger app. It was launched on 19th October, 2010. It is a free app for iOS, Android and Windows phones. Kik uses internet to exchange messages, videos, images and other contents. The most amazing feature which made this app popular is that it provides anonymity to users. The user only has to choose a name to create an account and no need for number. So without the username no one can find you. Not even those who have your number. A latest feature added to this app is that only people with age of 13 or above can create an account and use the app. But many face problem in downloading this app. So here is a step by step tutorial to download the app for iPhone users and how to login –
- Start with opening Apple App Store on your device.
- Then search for Kik app and select it when it appears.
- Now click on ‘GET’ icon and then just follow the prompts that appear. Now the basic downloading part is finished.
- It may ask for your Apple ID and password. Input in.
- Now open the app on your device.
- It will ask basic information for you to enter like your first and last name, email ID and your date of birth. You should be above 13 to use this app.
- You are done. Just remember your username & password and you can Kik login now to enjoy all their latest features.
Requirements for iPhone to install Kik
Before downloading you must see that your phone has following things –
- iOS 7.0 or above
- At least 60 MB of free space
- Internet access either by cell or wi – fi
How to create a new Kik account?
When you install Kik app for the first time, you need to create an account. When you click on the app it will show you screen with two options. One will be ‘Register’ and second will be ‘Login’.
- First click on ‘Register’ option
- Then it will show you a form where you have to input your details. It will ask for your First Name, Last Name, Kik Username, Email address, Password and Birthday. It will also ask for your number but that is optional. It is on you whether you want to give it or not.
- The last thing to do would be to set a profile picture. Click on ‘Set Profile’ and choose whichever photo you like. After that click on ‘Next’ and your account has been created.
In case you already have an account then instead of ‘Register’ click on ‘Login’.
There is a demerit of Kik. It lacks parental control so young children can misuse the app and get caught in trouble. Parents can simply deactivate the Kik ID to avoid such situations. If someone doesn’t know about the deactivation procedure then he or she can learn how to deactivate Kik on the official site. Parents should make sure to check their phones regularly so that they can protect their kids. It is also necessary to check the Hidden Apps section in their smartphones.